Re: RealMedia used for GUADEC live transmissions?

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 15:57, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> > You're counting out the large chunks of pragmatism and practicality that
> > are also part of "the GNOME spirit".
>
> None of those large chunks has, so far, been so "pragmatic" or
> "pratical" to suggest it is a best solution to move to non-free
> libraries, or have them? What you're calling "pragmatic" is, IMHO,
> short-sight.

This is a strawman argument that has nothing to do with the discussion.
Read Alan's reply regarding RMS, compilers and emacs for a better
understanding of pragmatism and practicality in Free Software.

> And please remember that I didn't limit to complaining. I proposed other
> ways to do it as well.

After the fact, sure, which amounts to complaining in my mind.

(Please respect the reply-to field if you feel the need to follow up.)

- Jeff

          "One World, one Web, one Browser." - Microsoft promotion
             "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer." - Adolf Hitler