Re: RealMedia used for GUADEC live transmissions?

I agree with Rui Miguel.  Encouraging the use of proprietary
software is quite counter productive.

I searched the foundation-list archives for RealPlayer and
got no hits.  It appears that this has not been an issue before.

Maybe it's time for a GNOME Foundation policy document on the
promotion of Free Software (and the non-promotion of proprietary
software/standards/formats).  This would apply to official
GNOME websites, software, conferences, and docs.

Does this sound reasonable?

Ciaran O'Riordan