Re: Issues cooperation

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 10:02:29AM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     3. ggobi: Listed under "Other" because its components have different
> Using Docbook as a standard instead of Texinfo is one example of

  DocBook is an industry standard, based on other industry standards
like XML and SGML, there are large amounts of well tested tools to
work with them.
  Texinfo is anything but a standard, I personally find it terribly deficient
with respect to 1/ structure 2/ I18N support 3/ tools.

  Generating DocBook documentation is a good long term investment,
it's not the case for documentation written in Texinfo, sorry GNOME made
the right technical decision there, and divergence was a positive decision.

Daniel