Re: Draining the Swamp: A Technical User's Experience

There was a volunteer on the mailing list last week to set up bugzilla, and I
forwarded it to David Dawes, but have had heard nothing back on that volunteer.

Bug tracking systems only work if the people involved want to use them;
I don't have a feeling yet for whether the XFree86 core team (of which
I'm not a member, btw) is interested.  Certainly, experience setting
up bugzilla would help (I think the main XFree servers run FreeBSD,
btw), as it would remove one of the common objections (getting it
installed and configured is a significant amount of work).

I'll check with David and get back to you.

Keith Packard and I have recently made a project list of things that need
work, much larger than just the swamp items; I should try to get it up on a
web site sometime soon...
                            - Jim