Re: Draining the Swamp: A Technical User's Experience

On Sat, 4 May 2002, Richard Stallman wrote:

> GNOME is not supposed to treat all operating systems equally.  A GNU
> package exists to be part of one particular operating system, GNU.
> Every GNU package should focus primarily on making GNU (and GNU/Linux)
> a better system.

No, Richard, although I know your opinion on user relations (see my
.sig...), we (as the GNOME project) _are_ here to give something to
_users_, and to give them what they want.

> Second, a matter of principle: mere repetition doesn't make an error
> into truth, and we should not treat it as truth merely because of the
> numbers who repeat it.

Mere repetition also doesn't make an opinion into a fact.

bye,
	Gergo

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what