Re: Non-free programs

What I am feeling missing in this debate is the realization that we are
not actively doing anything. The software map is updated by each
application developer/team of developers without any direct
participation by anyone from the webmaster or any other GNOME group.

The software map is simply a service we offer to developers to register
they applications and for users to browse what applications have been
registered.

The is no information given AFAIK to people registering their
application about licensing. The only thing specified is that the map is
for GTK+ and GNOME applications. In other words people who have
registered their non-free GNOME apps have done nothing wrong according
to the rules we have currently set.

So if we are to ban non-free software from the map that needs to be
informed about on the software map registration form. We also need
someone to volunteer policing the map for such things. Personally I have
a gazillion other tasks I feel are more important to spend time on to
make GNOME a success so that volunteer will not be me.

Christian