Re: Non-free programs

On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 04:11, Steve Fox wrote:
> this issue will continue to arise over time. Judging from the number of
> do not want to change anything until an official position is given.

If someone said: Let's remove Microsoft software from planet Earth right
now.
What would the reaction be? I bet that even though Microsoft has been
terribly harmfull to their freedoms, most would be in favour of NOT
removing Microsoft software.

There are Free alternatives, why 'recommend' a non Free?
Promoting non Free software to do some job when there are Free
alternatives seems ethically wrong and is horrible advertising.

+ So let's do it...?