Re: Non-free programs

On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 18:44, Richard Stallman wrote:

> The issue here is a completely separate one: whether to recommend
> specific non-free programs as solutions to problems.  Saying we won't
> sue someone for linking the GNOME libraries into a non-free program is
> one thing; actually recommending that non-free program to users is
> another matter.

Thank you for your input Richard. Before I implement anything I would
like to hear from other Foundation members, especially members of the
Board.

I feel that if we continue to ignore this important topic (which is
evidenced by the fact that nobody else has responded to this thread),
this issue will continue to arise over time. Judging from the number of
do not want to change anything until an official position is given.

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org