Re: Minutes of Foundation meeting: 2002-05-02

On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 07:44, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:

> >   ACTION: Nat and Jonathan talk to gnome-sysadmin about adding ssh
> >           tunneling for GNOME CVS access
> >         => This has been postponed until after GNOME 2.0
> > 	=> See discussions.
>

> I have just setup a server to use CVS over SSH but without the need of a
> shell acount for every hacker. It uses pserver with ssh certificates.
>
> If you want I could help you with that.

Yeah, the intent is not to give everyone shell accounts, but that's not
really the difficulty anyway.  The hard part is just the sheer mass of
coordination work that needs to be done to get SSH keys from every
hacker.

I think we (the board) will take this action item up again after we get
over the hump of work that needs to be done to get GNOME 2 out,
coordinate all the associated marketing, and so on.  We don't really
want to distract the hackers with administrative gymnastics until the
release is done, anyway...

If you're volunteering to help, though, that's pretty sweet -- I know
gnome-sysadmin has been pretty overtaxed, and some amount of up-front
hackery will be required to get this done.

> >     * Boston event:
> I want to go there so I need to know the final dates (I suppose that if
> you have the rooms reserved, those are the final ones...). Could I start
> to see plane tickets and hostels reservation? or should I wait ?
>
> I will come from Spain so as soon as I see it as cheap it will be...

You may have since seen the announcement, but yes, these are the final
dates.  You can track the status of the summit here:

	http://www.gnome.org/summit

Best,
Nat