Re: Friends of GNOME page

Eric Renaud <eric renaud sun com> writes:
> IMHO "Donation" somehow today connotes the possibility of some sort of
> tax break.  The GNOME Foundation is a entity constructed to protect the
> community and the body of work it produces, but (and please correct me
> if I err) it is not a charitable organization to which a "donation"
> would bring about the possibility for some sort of deduction on one's
> 1040.

The foundation is incorporated and has applied for tax-deductible
charity status. However the application has not been approved yet.  I
_believe_ that if it is approved, it is retroactive (meaning donations
made today would be tax-deductible). But you can't claim deductions
until/unless it's approved.

Havoc