(Belated) minutes for Gnome foundation board meeting 2002-12-03 (whoops)
- From: Telsa Gwynne <hobbit aloss ukuu org uk>
- To: foundation-announce gnome org
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: (Belated) minutes for Gnome foundation board meeting 2002-12-03 (whoops)
- Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:11:54 +0000
Just as well I'm going, really: you might get more timely minutes
next year. This is for two weeks ago now...
Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 2002-12-03
Jonathan Blandford Jim Gettys
Telsa Gwynne (minutes)
Miguel de Icaza
ACTION: Jim to continue the font discussions with various parties.
=> Jim had a meeting last month about this. Haven't heard back,
and he's away today.
ACTION: Jody volunteered to work on producing a first draft of
ABI rules for GNOME-2 releases; to get involvement from
someone at Sun; and to make sure the draft get some review.
=> Jody has done some of this: enough to mean he will keep
on with it rather than passing it on to someone else: but
it's a slow process.
ACTION: Tim looking at structuring tutorials, need to send a
call for speakers
=> Pending until dates sorted out: see below.
NEW: Tim to email foundation-announce about GUADEC fund-raising
NEW: Nat to sort out links to Friends of GNOME on website
NEW: Tim to send breakdown of conference expenses to the board.
NEW: Telsa to talk to Andrew Hutton about possibility of a future
GUADEC-like or summit-like thing associated with OLS (a la
the kernel summit). Miguel to talk to organisers of NordU*
NEW: Daniel to remind GNOME hackers to submit proposals
for papers for OLS.
Decisions and discussions:
* Approve last meeting's minutes
* Financial report
Reviewed the Annual Financial Statement prepared by the accountant.
Miguel asked for more breakdown of the figures for conference funding.
Now that we know how much we have and how much we spend in a year, we
can come up with more definite plans for fund-raising. We definitely
need to raise money: GUADEC takes a lot of money because it goes
to pay for getting hackers there.
The only dates for Dublin possible were June 14th-18th 2003.
The GUADEC committee got a poll onto http://www.gnomedesktop.org/
about whether these dates were any good, after comments on
mailing lists about this falling in various exam seasons.
There are very very few alternatives, and we need to make a
decision very soon before those dates go too. We think it's
too late to start again now and think we should go ahead with
* Passing the baton
Preliminary results are out for the GNOME Foundation Board election:
The final phone call for this year's board members will have the new
(anticipated) board members on the call too.
] [Thread Prev