Re: Non-free software and GNOME (The conclusion)

        It would be wonderful if this discussion could be discontinued,
and we could go back to actualy writing Free(sic) software. So let me
fan the flames a tad ;-)

On 30 Oct 2001, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
> But first we need to get them here.

        Lets pack the community full of people that don't share our
vision, or love of Free software - the more the merrier ! lets really try
and fill the community full of commercial developers who contribute
nothing to Freedom, dilute our ethic and distract us from producing a
fully Free system.

        FWIW - I think it's only worth fighting battles worth winning, and
having some sense of issue priority; neither is true of the original issue
- and one has to support Christian. The whole thing has to be a joke
anyway, particularly with Star Office =~= Open Office, and the immensity
of Sun's contribution.

        Regards,

                Michael.