Re: Non-free software and GNOME

Hi,

Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk> writes:
>> However, GNOME is part of the GNU project.  It is meant to promote
>> free software.
>>
>> The GNOME Summaries should thus not be used to promote non-free
>> software.  As a compromise, all non-free software should be
>> prominently be noted as such, and every mention of non-free software
>> in the summaries should be accompanied by a link to the "Why free
>> software" page.
>
> Gnome summaries are not a part of the GNU project. At least I don't believe
> the authors are signing them over to GNU..

AFAIK, very little of the GNOME software is signed over to the FSF.
However GNOME is still part of the GNU project (it says so on the
www.gnome.org website, and that's what the 'G' was supposed to stand
for).

The question then is whether the GNOME summaries are "official"ly part
of the GNOME project.

- Hari
--
Raja R Harinath ------------------------------ harinath cs umn edu