Re: Non-free software and GNOME
- From: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- To: harinath cs umn edu (Raja R Harinath)
- Cc: miguel ximian com (Miguel de Icaza), uraeus linuxrising org (Christian Schaller), foundation-list gnome org, gnome-summary gnome org
- Subject: Re: Non-free software and GNOME
- Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 18:13:57 +0100 (BST)
> However, GNOME is part of the GNU project. It is meant to promote
> free software.
> The GNOME Summaries should thus not be used to promote non-free
> software. As a compromise, all non-free software should be
> prominently be noted as such, and every mention of non-free software
> in the summaries should be accompanied by a link to the "Why free
> software" page.
Gnome summaries are not a part of the GNU project. At least I don't believe
the authors are signing them over to GNU..
] [Thread Prev