Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 2 October 2001

	  Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 2 October 2001


    Havoc Pennington (chairing)
    Daniel Veillard  (minutes)
    Miguel de Icaza  
    Tim Ney          (director)
    Raph Levien
    John Heard
    Owen Taylor
    Maciej Stachowiak (from 0:17)
    Federico          (from 0:30)

    Bart Decrem (regrets)
    Jim Gettys (regrets)

    Dan Mueth        


    - approve the membership committee for running the elections. They should
      start ASAP since elections took place one year ago.
    - try to get the account policy document final version out.

Action Done:

  ACTION: Federico to make a summary of the account policy suggestions
   => Done, Greg Leblanc did it

  ACTION: Havoc to send mail on foundation list to get volunteers to
          organize the new elections
   => Done, on the agenda


  ACTION: Havoc to sent the Advisory Board list to the Board,
          looking for completion of the member liason.
   => Tim is working on this.
      Some company don't respond, we expect to make an updated version
      in 2 weeks.

  ACTION: John to try to get a copyright assignment form and procedure
          for the GNOME Foundation.
   => Still pending, John is back and is trying to finish this.

  ACTION: Maciej to email the Board the current draft of the platform
          license policy for review.
   => Still pending.

  ACTION: Havoc to ask who is interested (and in what) for the ALS
          hacking session
   => not done yet

New Actions:
  ACTION: Tim to send a mail to foundation-list about the "friend" membership

  ACTION: Owen make sure the mail send to the accounts gnome org is not lost

  ACTION: Federico send an updated version of the accounts policy document
          to the foundation list.


 - approve last meeting minutes:

 - Update on GNOME 2
   There is a schedule, the Alpha was scheduled for Friday, but will be done
   Things are going closer to a working state. More people are joining.
   More energy seems to go on the 2.0 branch now.

 - Update/discussion on new IDE 


   They currently target Windows, Motif and seems to have done some work
   toward using Gtk.
   Some discussion about the difference between NetBeans and that IBM project.
   It looks cool but having a working Gtk port would be great.

 - Consider officially asking the membership committee to handle the
   Dan Mueth said that the commitee is in place and should be able to take over
   Okay they should start as soon as possible to try to keep the one year

 - Discuss/approve Tim's suggested plan to have "friend" membership
   category tied to a small donation, for short-term fund raising
   purposes, this would not change foundation member rights.
   Could be a small envelope at Conferences, or delegate to a Paypal like
   donation site.

 - Come out of the meeting with an approved draft of the accounts
   policy document. Greg Leblanc started integrating comments.
   Federico is finishing integrating the suggestions from the threads in the
   foundation list.
   Open issues are:
     - who get a email alias
     - having a user cvs gnome org should be kept separate.
     - policies about using those email accounts and how to close those
       mail accounts.
     - should the account request list be archived ?
 - Mark Hammerstein,, VP of Solaris Engineering would like to join a
   Board meeting for 20mn to discuss with us. Trying to schedule this
   in one of the next meetings.


Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network http://redhat.com/products/network/
veillard redhat com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/
http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]