Re: Questions

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 02:24:05PM -0700, Richard Stallman wrote:
> but neither does anyone else.  The GNU project has produced many
> useful software packages, GNOME among them.

  That sounds a far pushed statement IMHO. The GNOME Project is part
of the GNU project, sure, but I'm sorry I don't see any strong dependancy
to the GNU project, the code, the people and the way we worked so far was
relatively independant and I must also state that I appreciated this
freedom of move and spirit. As the maintainer of libxml and libxslt,
I'm in charge of that part of the project and neither me nor the other
people who helped build that piece of software are strongly related to
the GNU project (the others serious contributors to libxml/libxslt are
mostly engineers working for commercial software or services companies
but contributing to the pool).

  My view may differs from you, but I think I'm well aware of the who's
who of the project, and able to distinguish people arguing on the list
from those doing the work. As wou know, nothing is as frustrating as
being deprived from the reward associated from a job well done, so
please be a bit more respectful and avoid sentences like
   "The GNU project has produced GNOME"
in the future. The term "helped" would be accurate, "produced" is simply
unfair.

   thanks in advance,

Daniel