Re: Attendance record of current board members

On Mon, 2001-11-12 at 19:40, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Thanks, this is helpful.
>
> One "annotation" I'd make is that Jim had a very good excuse for
> missing several meetings, since he had major surgery that took him out
> of action for a bit. John also had a compelling personal reason for
> several absences (I guess he's not running again, but just for the
> record).

Without needing to go into details, I guess the notes about "Jim won't
be able to make the next 2 or 3 meetings" cover this sort of thing, and
he was listed in the regrets section following that.

This is why I didnt include regrets in the % absent column.

Expecting 100% attendance is unrealistic.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding
the difference between missing and regrets?  I'm assuming "missing"
equates to "just didnt show up, no idea why".

On the other hand, if someone finds for whatever reason that they can't
find the time that they expected to then it's reasonable to consider
this when voting for the next board.

- Dick