Re: rfc: foundation administrative employee

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 10:15:17AM -0400, Ariel Rios wrote:
> I have been in conferences booths [where] 5 minutes before starting
> the show we have no computers, and basically no nothing

One approach to this is to hire a conference service to set things
up, or to get a consultant to do it.  It can be a full-time job for
several weeks before a large show, but the consultants are sometimes
(if you get a good one) very experienced and really help out.

So maybe an administrative person + a part-time conference person.

Don't be tempted to save money and get an inexperienced conference
person -- the first time you have to deal with the unions at the
San Francisco Moscone Center, or when you don't get brochures printed
in time, or the booth ends up enmpty because you didn't order the power
lines, you've lost all your savings.

Lee

--
Liam Quin - Barefoot in Toronto - liam holoweb net - http://www.holoweb.net/