Establishing "The GNOME Press?"

Hello foundationers.

Here's an idea for discussion at your next meeting. It's been floating
around for quite some time.
There's a good market for "treeware" books about GNOME and related
technologies.  We've got some good writers here.  There are a number of
printers who would be interested in printing books under a "GNOME Press"
or similar imprint (FSF Press? GNU Press?).  Most of us probably agree
that having a series of books printed under a "GNOME Press"  or other
imprint would be great. It would bring both money and prestige to the
foundation.  Maybe not a lot of money, but probably more exposure and
prestige.

No Starch Press is pretty excited about doing the job for us.  Excited
enough that I wonder if maybe there is a good reason we ought to look at
other printers. :>

What do you think of establishing a printing imprint that would be the
"official" GNOME foundation imprint?  If you think it's a good idea,
what do you think of No Starch Press?

Aaron Weber
Ximian, Inc.

--
This message written with Evolution, a nutritious part of the complete
Ximian GNOME desktop.  Join the Evolution: http://www.ximian.com