Re: Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 6 March 2001

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 07:33:13AM -0500, Elliot Lee wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>
> >   - Incorporating the foundation as a California public benefit non-profit
> >     organization. We will seek tax exemption status.
>
> >  - Incorporation
> >    Should be able to incorporate over the next week
> >    2 issues left:
> >      - incorporating in Delaware vs. California
>
> Why California?

  Or why Delaware ;-) ?

  My recollection is:
    - incorporating in Delaware doesn't have a distinctive advantage
      (remember we are non-profit ;-)
    - I don't think incorporating in another state say in North Carolina
      would bring any advantage
    - the lawyer is more familiar with procedure in California

 Bart is obviously more familiar with this,

Daniel