Re: Minutes of the GNOME Foundation Board meeting 23 January 2001

Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org> writes:
> >    => Total number of session
> >       6 slots per day each 2 hours => 18 slots plus keynotes
> >       For each of these themes one person is responsible:
> >       - Havoc: Gnome 2.0
>
> Before all slots are completely filled up: I'd like to do something about
> GNOME 2.0 as well, maybe we can even make a big GNOME 2.0 slot with Havoc,
> George and me.

"Havoc: Gnome 2.0" means I'm supposed to figure out what topics need
discussing for 2.0 and how many slots we need for 2.0, and bring that
to the GUADEC organizer meeting on Friday, it doesn't mean I'm going
to do all the GNOME 2.0 talking. ;-)

The GNOME 2.0 sessions will basically be workgroups where GNOME 2.0
and its various aspects get discussed.  e.g. "component technology,"
"gnome-libs," "Nautilus," "panel," etc. Need to come up with a list of
topics and try to condense them into 2-hour workgroup discussions. (A
session can cover multiple topics).

The goal of these workgroups will be to come out of the conference
with a good idea of what our goals for 2.0 are, and a vague idea what
the timetable might be.

Also we'll probably be discussing 2.0 on gnome-hackers before and
after GUADEC, of course.

Havoc