Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting December 11 2001

	  Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting December 11 2001


    Havoc Pennington (chairing)
    Nat Friedman
    James Henstridge
    Daniel Veillard  (minutes)
    Jody Goldberg
    Telsa Gwynne
    Jonathan Blandford
    Jim Gettys
    George Lebl
    Miguel de Icaza  
    Federico Mena
    Tim Ney 

  - Confirm that GUADEC 3 will take place in Seville, Spain, 4-6th of April 2002

Actions done:

  ACTION: Havoc to fix the board list to reflect the new board
     => Done


  ACTION: Tim to get the membership logos on the foundation page
     => in progress still waiting for some permissions
  ACTION: Tim, John and Havoc to get a draft statement on the relation
          with the free software and license policy.
     => Tim and Havoc will continue

  ACTION: Tim to work on the Trademark registration for "GNOME" and the foot.
     => in progress

  ACTION: Jim to restart the font discussions with various parties
     => in progress

  ACTION: Nat to solve the arrangement for the teleconferences
     => no answer from John, pending

  ACTION: Nat and Jonathan talk to gnome-sysadmin about adding ssh
          tunneling for GNOME CVS access
     => would probably take a couple of months to implement

New Actions:

  ACTION: Havoc to write a paragraph on what GNOME-2 release is expected to be


 - approve last meeting minutes:
   The people present on the last board meeting think they are accurate.
 - GNOME 2 status
   Jeff Waugh replaced Maciej who stepped down chairing the release team.
   A new schedule is being prepared to reflect the current slip of a couple
   of weeks, waiting for apps.
   It is important to keep the schedule on dotplan up-to-date so that there
   is a clear message of what are the current expectations.
   It seems clear that 2.0.0 will not contain the port of the big applications
   The release should be named accordingly to reflect this, like:
       "Gnome 2.0 Developers Platform and Core Desktop"
   It seems some clear message about what this 2.0.0 will provide, its 
   improvements what it contains, is needed so that on can have a clear
   The proposed schedule seems to need an update including the core apps like
   the panel, but getting a clear estimate will be very hard.
 - GUADEC 3 plans
   We have confirmation on the location/date
   The web team will try to get the travel information on-line as soon as


Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network https://rhn.redhat.com/
veillard redhat com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/
http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]