Re: the votes are in

Martin,

I'm probably the biggest fan of slates around here, but it's really obvious to me
that we're not anywhere near consensus that it's the right way to go.  The purpose
of the strawpoll, at least in my mind, was not to see if we could get 51% of
people to vote one way or another, but to clarify where we as a group stand.
Looking at the votes on the poll, but more importantly, reading the thread from
the last few days, it's very clear to me that most people would prefer to just
have straightforward elections and vote for the people they like.

So I don't see the need to put more and more energy into this strawpoll.  Maybe
55% will go along with the charter.  Maybe not.  But if we change to a non-slate
election system, I feel comfortable that there will be rough consensus (ie. 80 to
90% support) around the charter and the elections.  So that's where I want to put
my energy.

Bart