the votes are in

Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone who voted in the strawpoll and to the people who
weighed in on the issue of whether the board should be elected as a
slate.

27 people voted in the strawpoll:
-14 in favor of the charter, including the slate
-13 opposed to the charter, those who explained themselves all said it
was because of the slates feature.

Based on the results of the strawpoll and the posts on this list,
I think it's obvious that the GNOME community wants to elect a board of
directors by voting for individual members.

So let me grab some food and propose changes to the charter and a
revised timeline to reflect that desire.

Bart