Re: Hackers, should we elect them ?

From: Hadess <hadess writeme com>
> I just found out that there was a mailing-list to discuss the elections.
> I'd be interested to know why I should elect a hacker...

We need at least a "hacker sensibility" or we will _kill_the_magic_.

The magic of GNOME happens because the project is "owned" by hackers,
not by the X Consortium, or a joint venture of Intel, IBM, and Apple, etc.
Think of all of those projects they did that didn't hit the mark in the way
that GNOME is if they made any useful code at all.

Yes, we must balance the loss of taking their time from coding against
the benefit of keeping the project in the right hands.

	Thanks

	Bruce