Re: Candidacy Nomination - John Heard

I'd like to say a few words in favor of John. Although the start of
GNOME's relationship with Sun has been rocky at times, John has done
much to help smooth that path.

John is the chosen representative of all the hackers we have seen
trickling into many of the GNOME projects, including, to my knowledge,
Nautilus, Evolution, GConf, Bonobo and others. He also represents the
many hackers who just released the Star Office code at OpenOffice.org,
making a Gnome contribution of unprecedented code size. This is a
massive constituency both in people and code size, and smoothly
integrating both the people and the code will have a large impact in
GNOME's future.

I have also met John in person, and he seems bright, reasonable, and
very sharp on both technical and political issues.

Please consider giving him your vote.

 - Maciej