Re: KDE - GNOME Components

>         I have no bitterness on this issue, and the KDE developers I know
> would be receptive to constructive movement on this front.

yes, they are receptive. I recently proposed, in the koffice list, that they
used libgda (the DB access part of GNOME-DB, which is now 99.99%
GNOME-independent) for their katabase stuff, and although they didn't commit
to use it as their only DB access framework, mainly because they say it's
quite difficult to use a ORB on KDE, we agreed on having a bridge between
their DB access framework and libgda. Nothing's done about this, but I found
the KDE people (well, koffice people) very receptive and willing to
cooperate.