Re: Candidacy (Michael Meeks), I'm totaly misunderstood <sob>

Michael Meeks <michael helixcode com> writes:

>         It would seem to me obvious that Bart as a "Father of the
> Foundation" figure should be intimately involved with the setting
> up, administration and legal issues of the foundation. I don't think
> we could go much further without him.
>
>         But, while Bart's undoubtedly has valuable skills in meeting
> management, administration and legal issues, I don't think this should
> lead to him representing the Gnome community outside these areas,
> including on the board. I would be in favour of having him assist and
> inform all the meetings, of course and ( perhaps ) being the ( paid ? )
> handler of all day to day administrative work.

Just in case someone misunderstood _my_ candacy statement or my last
mail on this topic ....

Sure we need Bart for the foundation, but I don't want him to be our
secretary. He's a valuable part of the GNOME Project in the same was as
"we", the hackers, are and thus he deserves to be on the board in the
same way as we do.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)