Re: Random thoughts on this elections (was Re: Candidacy (Michael Meeks))

> The suggestion that Debian users will be happy using alien on an RPM
> is ludicrous.

I would suggest you read the past 12 months of the LSB archives and reasoning.
I think people will be very happy with alien. There has to be a single disk
format. Thats an absolute vendor requirement.

Your other points about scripts show you haven't read the LSB drafts. An
LSB compliant package puts config and script files in common places as well
as using common config management interfaces. Thus those scripts will work as
well on all compliant platforms.

> So, even on this base level issue, there's an incredibly wide variety
> of opinions.  For the board to attempt to specify any kind of unneeded
> "standards" would be suicide.

Indeed

Alan