GNOME 2.0 coordinator (was Re: Minutes of the GNOME Foundation Board meeting 28 November 2000)
- From: Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org>
- To: Daniel Veillard w3 org
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org, foundation-announce gnome org
- Subject: GNOME 2.0 coordinator (was Re: Minutes of the GNOME Foundation Board meeting 28 November 2000)
- Date: 01 Dec 2000 00:28:02 +0100
Daniel Veillard <Daniel Veillard w3 org> writes:
> ACTION: Maciej to start the discussion on-line to get candidates for
> a QA coordinator for the Gnome-1.4 and Gnome-2.0 core coordinator
> => without John and Maciej on the call, hard to tell,
well, I don't know whether you're already accepting "nominations" for this,
but I'd like to nominate/suggest George (if he wants, of course) and me as
GNOME 2.0 coordinators.
This summer, George and me started to actually work on GNOME 2.0 and a little
bit later, Iain Holmes joined our team. There wasn't so much work getting done
in gnome-libs HEAD as I wanted to be during the last weeks, but at least the
whole thing started.
Basically, I don't see this as any issue which the board needs to get involved
in - for me it's just a matter of having a few qualified people who know what
needs to be done and who know to actually get this work done.
I would very much like to continue this work and make "there's work being done
on gnome-libs HEAD" actually happen, currently I have a larger set of changes
in my local tree which will finally make the beast compile again.
Hopefully, I will be able to post a longer summary about the current state
of gnome-libs HEAD this weekend.
martin gnome org (private)
baulig suse de (work)
] [Thread Prev