Re: What is GNOME office?

From: Mathieu Lacage <mathieu eazel com>
> I believe that Sun can drop their current licencing policy.

Sun called me to discuss this policy before the OpenOffice announcement.
I suggested that when they accept a copyright they should make a covenant
with the contributor that Sun or its assigns would continue to make new
versions of the software available under the present licenses (GPL or
LGPL and SCSSL) as long as Sun or its assigns are actively developing
the software.

I can push a bit harder on this with their executive V.P. for software.
Would that change improve the situation from your standpoint? Sun is
motivated to make this partnership work.

FSF asks for copyright assignment too, you know. They want to be able to
change the GPL if a court strikes part of the old GPL down, they want to
be able to bring copyright infringement suits on their own, etc.

	Thanks

	Bruce