Re: What is GNOME office?
- From: jg pa dec com (Jim Gettys)
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: Sam TH <sam uchicago edu>, Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>, Mike Kestner <mkestner ameritech net>, Dick Porter <dick+gnome acm org>, foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: What is GNOME office?
- Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:59:55 -0800 (PST)
Actually, this brings up another much more generic discussion we should discuss
on the board:
A process/policy needs to exist to control/approve press releases that
Gnome foundation members make where they reference the foundation.
This class of problem has certainly been a major headache that W3C had
to work its way through, and all my neurons tell me that it will
be a problem for the Gnome foundation.
> Sam TH <sam uchicago edu> writes:
> > Given this (which is clearly the correct decision) maybe the board could
> > suggest that some members of the advisory board and the pr team not act
> > as if the decsion had already been made. I'm thinking here of documents
> > like
> > http://www.sun.com/smi/press/sunflash/2000-08/sunflash.20000815.2.html
> I think the board should discuss asking Sun to change this. John Heard
> isn't going to be at next week's meeting; I would suggest we put this
> on the agenda for the week after that, which would be Nov. 28 I
> believe. Unless Thanksgiving gets in the way there somewhere.
Technology and Corporate Development
Compaq Computer Corporation
jg pa dec com
] [Thread Prev