Re: What is GNOME office?

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 11:02:25AM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Alan, read the responses from board members, they are mostly agreeing
> with the community not with Sun. Don't get all adversarial for no good
> reason. We share the same goals. There is no possibility of force, and
> no decision on this matter is likely until there's a pretty obvious
> route. When there is a decision it will be community-driven.

Given this (which is clearly the correct decision) maybe the board could
suggest that some members of the advisory board and the pr team not act
as if the decsion had already been made.  I'm thinking here of documents
like

http://www.sun.com/smi/press/sunflash/2000-08/sunflash.20000815.2.html

and

http://www.gnome.org/pr-newcommitments.html

> I hereby resolve to flame anyone using the word "force" when no force
> exists. ;-)

How about we avoid flames in general? Or is that too much to even
wish for? ;)

	sam th
	sam uchicago edu
	http://www.abisource.com/~sam/