Re: What is GNOME office?

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 08:29:00AM -0600, Mike Kestner wrote:
> Daniel Veillard wrote:
>
> >   Do you speak for one of those companies ? If no please abstain putting
> > words in their mouth, if yes can you be more precise about the company's
> > your are speaking for ?
>
> No, as the your message implies, I have no corporate affiliations
> related to GNOME.  I don't believe I made any statements that fall
> outside the realm of common sense.  Is it your position as a newly
> elected board member that I abstain from stating what I consider to be
> common sense?

  No. It's Daniel Veillard reacting to person A saying that person B
think something evil. I'm just stating my personal disliking of such
rethoric, and asking for clarification in case I missed something.
In the case of a company it's even more difficult to guess their
"intent".
  Considering common sense, it's your appreciation obviously, another
common sense until recently was that large organizations kept their
code jealously secret because it was their best interest. Seems it's
not always the case today, and I would rather give them credit for
changing than suggesting they have an evil plan.
  Anyway my experience with those large companies is that you may
know what an individual working for this company thinks but it's
difficult to generalize.
  My personal viewpoint is that rationale discussion can only be based
on facts. Starting a discussion based on the opinion on what someone else
is thinking is mostly politics, and I would rather keep this low volume.

Daniel

--
Daniel Veillard w3 org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | libxml Gnome XML toolkit
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | http://xmlsoft.org/