Re: election plans

Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com> writes:

> Nat Friedman <nat@helixcode.com> writes:
> > From the discussions before on this list, it seems to me that there
> > was a lot of support for electing a slate from the beginning.
> >

> OK. So we need a timeline for this yesterday.

Yeah, agreed.

> I propose that nominations for slates must be in by August 2, and the
> vote is on August 9. (These are totally random dates, but hey we have
> to pick some.)

Ok, this will mean that we need to make sure that everyone has had a
chance to join the membership by then.  I know that a lot of publicity
has been done about this, but we should probably put this on
www.gnome.org's front page, and on Gnotices.

How long do we give people to vote?  One day is probably not long
enough.  The timeline otherwise looks good to me.

Love,
Nat