Re: second draft of Charter for Foundation

Hi everyone,

Sorry I stepped away from the list after posting the second draft of the
Charter.  I went to the OSS conference in Monterey, which was a lot of fun.
It was especially great to watch the Sun OpenOffice announcement and to see
them demo OpenOffice demo'd within Nautilus using bonobo!

I haven't read all the posts yet but will respond shortly.  Meanwhile, I did
want to acknowledge Jim's feedback about not locking too many things in in a
charter document.  I *totally* agree.  For this document, I tried to outline
how we see the foundation operating at launch.  I wasn't tried to draft a
binding legal document.  If we've got consensus on the basics (and it looks
like we're getting close), we can start drafting the articles of
incorporation of the foundation and its bylaws, and then we need to be
careful to craft things so that we'll be able to change things over time.

Bart