Re: Fwd: Draft of Proposal for the GNOME Foundation.

Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> writes:

> If its a non entity money wise then its only obvious entanglement is
> cartel/monopoly issues. I'd rather not have people thinking 'but a 4 week
> delay like the gtk+ team want means XYZ vendor misses their gold cd deadline
> and they'll pull out $12K of funding' when making decisions about code
> quality.

Right, you don't want the same people making technical decisions also
to be making financial decision.

And you don't want them to be the same entity either, for reasons of
logistics and self-defense, as you say.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that these have to be divided.

Nat