Re: Minutes of the GNOME Foundation Board meeting 12 December 2000

At 18 December, 2000 Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Basically what we said at the board meeting was that we shouldn't pick
> any official gnome anything, the more software the better, we are just
> going to include all the apps that are useful and good. There are
> clearly large groups of people that want both pieces of software, and
> so both are worth having.

I think it's important to not reject applications since we all want more gnome
applications. But I still think that it would be a good thing to have some
official gnome applications, maybe through some kind of certification system.
The applications that fullfill some criterias may call them self Gnome
software or whatever. As it is now it's impossible to know what gnome apps
that's useful and still worked on. So in short you can say that I want some
kind of quality incurance certificat or something in that direction. That way
we dont reject any application, but still give the users a hint about what
applications that are worth using.

//Snaggen

Mattias Eriksson             E-mail: c96men cs umu se
Tvistevägen 26                       snaggen acc umu se
907 36  UMEA                 Tel:    090-198800
SWEDEN                               070-5636769

'I don't fight for a cause   Hemsida: http://www.acc.umu.se/~snaggen
I fight for the fight'       PGP: http://www.acc.umu.se/~snaggen/snaggen.asc