Re: Minutes of the GNOME Foundation Board meeting 12 December 2000

Sam TH <sam uchicago edu> writes:

> But being officially gnome has its benifits.  Just as an example,
> the GNOME UI team, lead by Eazel folks, is looking at lots of parts
> of GNOME.  I know AbiWord would benifit from peoplw with a clue in
> this areaBut I see that as unlikely unless the status of
> Abiword/Gnumeric/SO is cleared up.

I think the status of all of them should be considered equal,
something like "they are both welcome to be part of GNOME." I don't
think we have remotely enough consensus (on the board or in the
community) to pick one of them at this point. Any decision right now
would be based on speculation and guesses.

Which is not meant to imply that we will ever have enough consensus,
or that we ever should have enough consensus. It doesn't hurt to just
let things develop naturally.

Havoc