Re: Minutes of the GNOME Foundation Board meeting 12 December 2000

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 10:13:49AM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Basically what we said at the board meeting was that we shouldn't pick
> any official gnome anything, the more software the better, we are just
> going to include all the apps that are useful and good. There are
> clearly large groups of people that want both pieces of software, and
> so both are worth having.

But being officially gnome has its benifits.  Just as an example, the GNOME UI team, lead by Eazel folks, is looking at lots of parts of GNOME.  I know AbiWord would benifit from peoplw with a clue in this areaBut I see that as unlikely unless the status of Abiword/Gnumeric/SO is cleared up.

				sam th
				sam uchicago edu
				http://www.abisource.com/~sam
				GnuPG Key: