Re: Project Hosting [Was Re: Minutes of the GNOME ...]

On 03 Dec 2000 13:18:48 EST, Havoc Pennington wrote:

>I propose that we limit main GNOME CVS to relatively "core" projects
>(define this roughly as the GNOME desktop release, the GNOME extra
>apps release (?), and GNOME Office, plus stuff that's already in CVS).

Although I have some thoughts about the merits of this proposal, I'd
like to make a meta-point instead: isn't this more properly a
gnome-hackers discussion, rather than a foundation-list one?

Since Board minutes are sent to foundation-list, it has recently had
a tendency to become a substitute for gnome-{hackers, private} for
general policy discussions, which it probably shouldn't be (even
though the eventual decision may be made/ratified by the Board).

Just a thought.

-Russell

--
Russell Steinthal		Columbia Law School, Class of 2002
<rms39 columbia edu>		Columbia College, Class of 1999