Re: Minutes of the GNOME Foundation Board meeting 28 November 2000

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Jim Gettys wrote:

> Independent of malace, I am most skeptical about stability as you run
> up to releases: it may be that open commit most of the time will work to yet
> signficantly larger scale, but I'm quite dubious that open commit all of the
> time up to date of release will continue to work.  Statistically, this
> seems unlikely as the project grows.

One important thing that has helped in the past is branching for stable
releases.  This doesn't prevent malice, but it does a great job at
preventing accidental destabilization.

> At a minimum, I believe we must work to have an ACL mechanism in place,
> as the day, unfortunately, WILL come.  Sigh...

If we do this, I hope that we leave it off at first and have strong
discussions again before we turn it on.

Thanks,
   Chris