Donation (Re: Membership Fees)

Yes, donations are much better than membership fees.  GNOME has no clearly
defined expenses for now, and companies like VA Linux are ready to give
money anyway, donations or fees, so  it is not likely the GNOME Foundation will
have no money to start with.  But donations make sure there won't be too much
money sitting idle. Once the GNOME Foundation is up and wins the confidence
of the community, then it can decide to impose membership fees or not, based
on the expected expenses at that time. (Or membership fees may never be
necessary)

Just my 2e-4 cent donation

--
Li-Cheng Tai (Andy Tai)                       e-mail: atai@atai.org

Free Software:  the software by the people, of the people and for the people.
Develop! Share! Enhance! Enjoy!