Re: Membership dues [ was: Re: Advisory Board Letter ]

Either a "GNOME Developer Certification" program or seminars along industry
lines will lead people to question has the GNOME Foundation gone too far from
its free software root, and thus the very authority of the GNOME
Foundation over GNOME.

Learning from the GGAD book or other on-line documentation is the free-software
way.  Attending a seminar for a few hundred dollars (or more, along
industry practice) in order to get the greatest insight on GNOME
APIs is not.

Any companies can organize GNOME seminars if they so desire.
Why do you need GNOME Foundation for that?