Re: Membership dues [ was: Re: Advisory Board Letter ]

Chris DiBona <chris@valinux.com> writes:

> Will the different amount translate into different amounts of power within
> the organization, I ask because it seems kind of stupid to stratify prices
> if you don't stratify membership (something I don't thik would be wise)

Being one of the few in the closed conversations before - I still have
to ask why we really need this in the GNOME foundation.

I personally don't see a need for a full time employee and would think
that funds are more useful for things like conference calls, booths at
shows, etc. I just don't see why we need to have an employee for the
manner in which we want this thing to run. I know there are many
administrative functions that should be performed within any
organization but we are not trying to make a Linux International out
of this - we are, in simple terms, trying to get a foundation that has
a representative group of GNOME contributors so that corporations can
communicate to the GNOME community.

I just don't see a need to complicate it much further by having a
person, who needs an office, who needs supplies, who needs....

Dave

--

David Mason
Red Hat Advanced Development Labs