Re: Draft for review: press event invite

Miguel de Icaza <miguel@helixcode.com> writes:

> > On behalf of the Gnome Steering Committee, you are cordially invited to a
> > press conference on August 15th at LinuxWorld. This event will be kicked
> > off by Miguel de Icaza, founder of the Gnome project and Helix Code. The
> > Gnome project provides a fully open sourced, free desktop environment for
> > Unix-like systems.
>
> I would change that to "On behalf of the GNOME project".

One of the reasons the Steering Committee was originally formed, if
you look at the initial purpose statement, was to supervise the
formation of the GNOME Foundation. So I think it would make sense to
say the Steering Committee is announcing this and sending the
invitation. I'm not sure I would feel as comfortable claiming that we
are speaking on behalf of the whole GNOME project.

 - Maciej