Draft for review: press event invite

Hello all:

Here is a suggested invite for the press event.  We welcome your
comments.  As you can tell, we're trying to say enough to get them to
attend, while giving away as little as possible.  We plan to send the
invites on Monday, so if you'd like edits, please let us know by close of
business Friday. Thanks very much, Barb

**************

On behalf of the Gnome Steering Committee, you are cordially invited to a
press conference on August 15th at LinuxWorld. This event will be kicked
off by Miguel de Icaza, founder of the Gnome project and Helix Code. The
Gnome project provides a fully open sourced, free desktop environment for
Unix-like systems.

Miguel will be joined by senior executives from several leading firms,
including Eazel, Red Hat and Sun Microsystems. These executives will
discuss plans for the evolution of the Gnome platform and the Gnome
organization. We'll allow ample time for Q&A.

Date/Time: August 15th from noon - 1:30 (Lunch will be provided) (WILL
MODIFY TIME BASED ON FINAL WORD)
Location: Room XXX, San Jose Convention Center

Please RSVP to this email, or call Kristen Jameson or me at 781-466-8282,
if you plan to attend.

We look forward to hearing from you,
Barb Heffner
CHEN PR, Inc.