[fdn-ann] Re: GNOME MEDIA ADVISORY seems to be going beyond original plans

Hi everyone,

Let me try and clarify what Miguel is proposing, and get more specific.

As we've announced before, there will be 2 press releases  that go out on
Tuesday morning:
- the first one is to announce the creation of the GNOME Foundation.
Everyone (meaning: all the companies and organizations who are joining
the advisory board, and the GNOME steering committee) has signed off on
that one and we are now making final edits;
- the second one is being drafted right now and will be posted on this
list later today (I hope).  That release is going to include the
messaging points that Miguel makes below. It will list specific
contributions of technologies that specific companies are making to
GNOME.  So Red Hat, Eazel, Helix Code and Sun are each making big
contributions of code, and that would be highlighted in this release.  We
are hereby inviting ALL other companies who are contributing technologies
to GNOME, and who wish to do so, to be included in this second press
release.

For the press conference, Miguel is proposing that we similarly have two
parts to it:
- in part 1, Miguel will announce the creation of the GNOME Foundation
and invite all the companies who are on the advisory board to come on
stage and to do 30 second introductions;
- in part 2, Miguel will hit on the messaging points below and invite all
the companies who are contributing specific technologies to GNOME to stay
on stage and talk about the specific contributions they are making to
GNOME.

This is what we are proposing.  I think it'll be a lot easier to continue
this conversation once we have a draft of the second press release, and
hopefully we'll get that done in the next few hours.

Bart