Re: [fdn-ann] messaging statement

Bart,

I don't think two release from Gnome make sense.

Here's the way I see it.

Gnome announces:

Formation as a foundation and details relating (i.e. next steps, board
creation, hosting, etc.)
The goals of the foundation
 - Unify Unix/Linux desktop
 - Create an robust alternative development environment
That Gnome is more than a desktop
That key companies are joining
That its made its mind up on some key technologies (i.e. OpenOffice.org
and Mozilla)

Sun announces:

Its joining Gnome
Its endorsing
Its happy that OpenOffice.org was selected by Gnome

We also might give a few details on the endorsement front.

Comments?

Russ