Board of Directors Elections 2019 - Candidacy - Christopher Davis

Name: Christopher Davis
E-mail: christopherdavis gnome org
IRC: brainblasted

Dear Foundation,

I am announcing my candidacy for the GNOME Foundation board of directors election. I have been working on GNOME for about 2 years, starting
with my contributions to Fractal. I currently maintain Weather and Documents, and co-maintain Sound Recorder.

While contributing I have largely worked with 3rd-party app developers, helping bring in new people who want to target GNOME. I want to continue that outreach, and also help improve our relationship with the wider community.

As well as making GNOME inclusive for 3rd-party developers, I also want to ensure that we are a diverse and accepting community for under-represented groups. If people of all kinds can see that they are safe and welcome in our spaces, our contributor bas e will g row in quantity and quality.

In the past I have managed social media presence and community outreach for a university's FOSS club. I am confident that with support from the community I will be able to fulfill all duties expected of me.

Regards,
Christopher Davis